- This event has passed.
The Great Food Truck Race
June 27, 2022 @ 9:00 am - July 1, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
For those waitlisted at South Run RECenter, we opened up a new space!
Let’s put the pedal to the metal and gear up to make some delicious dishes. Each day Tiny Chefs will “drive” a different course (appetizer, soup, main dish, or dessert). Over the course (No pun intended) of the camp they will also be working on a final idea for their very own food truck, expanding on the types of foods that their restaurant on wheels would serve based on the experiences they have had in camp.
What you’ll learn
- Reading a Recipe
- Cleaning up the kitchen
- Washing Dishes
- Sense of Self-Confidence
Sample Class Format
- 5 days
- 9am – 4pm
- Campers will make 3-4 recipes per day, each day will be from a different country
- Campers will break for snack and lunch each day and enjoy some outdoor time
- Campers will be put into teams to work together to make their recipes
Other Things To Know
Summer camps are non-refundable. If a camp has to be cancelled due to Covid-19, the camp will be turned into a virtual camp.
What To Bring
- Water bottle labeled with their name
- Nut-Free Lunch
- Nut-Free Snack
- Container for Cupcakes to take home
- Apron (optional) you can purchase a Tiny Chefs apron to be delivered to the camp here. (please put camp location and child name in the notes)
Tiny Chefs Location
Abiding Presence Lutheran Church
6304 Lee Chapel Rd, Burke, VA 22015